Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Renewing of Vows

October 7th was our 20th Wedding Anniversary.

So on Sunday, October 11th we did something special.






To celebrate, Gordon & I decided to renew our wedding vows. We got together with a pastor friend of ours and his wife. They encouraged us to write our own vows and helped us put together a beautiful wedding ceremony.

We ended up not only writing our vows, but writing a poem. We read the poem at the end of the ceremony. That's why Gordon was laughing. It was pretty funny. 25 people came, you just can't see them.










Praying with Pastor Mike Sayer

And as it was 20 years ago, the groom got to kiss his bride.

Jon took pictures. He was all over the place during the ceremony, like a typical photographer. I didn't post all of his pictures. As you can see, he "experimented" with color, tinted, and black & white settings.






The newly rededicated bride & groom.

That's one of the best pictures of us I've ever seen.
(I would have preferred color for this one, Jon.)

Looks like a couple who stayed together for 20 years,
and ready for many more.








There we are with our photographer.
Jon will be 14 in November.

Thank you, Lord. You are so good!
Our family is indeed blessed.











































































































































1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pictures. That is a great way to commemorate your 20th anniversary. It looks like you all enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete