Seeing Jill's post prompted me to find some pics that I took. I believe these are winter break of 1982. Dad, Teddy and I posed for a few shots before I headed back to college. Click on photos to blow them up.

Dad loved his Honda ATC 200

Dad and Teddy

Dick and Jannice, Remember the Pacer?

Dad and I painted the garage one or two summers prior. I like this pic just showing the way Dad stood.
Brown bowl cut and 29-inch waist. If you look just over the Pacer, you can see the wind sock that flew in front of the home that Dad built.
Thanks for the post and the great pictures, Jill. I showed them to Jon. I was thinking of Dad, too.
ReplyDeleteMy memory of Dad has to do with the garage. Thanks, Kevin for posting garage pictures. One day, Bill and I cleaned the whole garage. We put Dad's tools where they belonged. I can remember even cleaning and dusting his tools. We swept, and swept, and just kept cleaning until the garage was a beautiful sight to behold.
When Dad got home that night, he went to the garage as usual, looked around, and I think he was amazed.
He came in the house and said: "Where's all my dirt?!"
Debbie
PS - Kevin, I also wanted to tell you I remember those pictures. Mom took some of you and Teddy, and I told Jon the pictures of Teddy were so distinguished, you would have thought he was going back to college. Too bad you didn't post those, too. (I know this post is about Dad.) I was wanting to compare you with Jon. Jon is now tall, with a 28 inch waist. On the bike, you look just like him. Or, should I say, he looks just like you.
ReplyDeleteDebbie