Hi Mom,
Here we are again - walking out of the last day of the year and standing on the threshold of the next one. Today I read to Jon out of his daily devotional Bible (he's a good reader, but he still likes for me to read his Bible to him). I told him these were the final chapters of specific books of the Bible; last chapter of Malachi, last chapter of Psalms & Proverbs, and last chapter of Revelation. When you read all those chapters together, it's really awesome.
It's a good way to end the year, and also an exciting way to walk into the next one. But judging from the difference between Jon and I, I would say the older you get, the more exciting it really is. It was, indeed interesting to him, but the Hardy Boys are definitely more exciting right now. I suppose I was the same way.
The last few chapters of Revelation are particularly exciting. I think we need that vision of what is coming in order to face the new year, and the Lord knew we would need that. And then to look back at the last chapter of Malachi and see his prophesy of the prophet Elijah (John the Baptist). The Lord knew what His people would need to prepare them for the coming of His Son.
How are you doing, Mom? How did you spend your day? Have you read anything inpiring lately?
Debbie
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Family,
ReplyDeleteI addressed this post to Mom, and she may not respond, and that's ok. Please feel free to post something else to the family.
Debbie